So as most people know, I was in Australia for most of July and the start of August. I had such a great time seeing everyone, getting out and about, dipping my toes once again into great Aussie music and loading up with vegemite; eucalyptus oil and camping gear. What I found interesting was to have people tell me that they follow what Martijn and I have been up to on the blog... I had no idea. Some even told me that sometimes they go to write back or leave a note, but cant think of anything to write. Come on! It was a weird experience having people tell me about the things I have been up to in the last 12 months. However, I guess that is what happens when you put your stuff/life out there.
August was a month of...:
- seeing if our new tent could cope with days of rain in Belgium
- it not being summer anymore
- preparing for uni in September
- re-arranging our room to try and find more space
- the alternative Dutch spelling guide book being released with much hoo-ha
- being "soccer/football-wife" for the first game of the new season
- knitting during the half time break of the soccer match (Martijn didn't want to know me)
- language confusion when I got back to NL
- I won't cry AT uni during my first week because I am so overwhelmed by having do follow classes in Dutch
- to easily choose between continuing hockey or badminton
- to finally get around to fixing my flat bike tyre - its only been flat since June
- to begin production of knitted stubby holders in Martijn's soccer club colours, which are only to be knitted during games in the wives/girlfriends knitting group that I will start
- to get through my first month at uni!
For people who want to leave a comment but don't know what to write, I leave you this question which you may like to help me with
If I feel like I am about to cry during one of the lecture, what should I do?
If I feel like I am about to cry during one of the lecture, what should I do?
2 comments:
Poor turnout lazy people!:p I'm a protagonist of letting your emotions out so my suggestion is knit yourself a balaclava so your tears will be immediately absorbed by the baby-soft wool and no one will notice.
I agree, ver poor effort. So poor, that I am leaving myself a comment!
Thank's for the suggestion Kelly - I saved my tears for the privacy of home.
Post a Comment