May - always seems to be the month of endless birthdays (Martijn, my mum, Jason, Pleuntja, Prinses Maxima, Howard and Deb) and Nicky and Churchy's first "one year together" annivesary. What a month! And how did we celebrate our birthdays this year.... I bought myself a dress (yes, me in a dress.... not limiting myself to skirts anymore), threw on a face mask, emerged beautiful, put on the dress and pufffffff (magic noise)........ Martijn couldn't keep away.

We celebrated our birthdays for about a week or so. Every morning we would decide who's birthday it would be that day and pretend that it was! Was a great game and turned out that I had my birthday more often than Martijn had his. Helping the feeling of a continual birthday week, seemed that every day a card would arrive in the mail or a little parcel be dropped off or there was a suprise day organised (well this was just on one of the birthday days). Kelly had organised a secret activity day - all I knew was that I had to have good walking shoes, contact lenses is and sunglasses packed. I didnt know anything else until that morning when I called Kelly, just to make sure I didnt need anything else.... good thing I did, seems Martijn forgot to give the the most important piece of information..... had to take my bikini! That sort of information a girl likes to have at least the night beforehand, for reasons Im not going to go into.
Turns out that we went to a natural thermal springs resort that from the outside, looks very much like elusive Ponds Institute! The people inside even wore white uniforms! Was so much fun. Kelly and I even had a special chocolate-mud sauna treatment. So yummy. Afterwards we all (Martijn, Kelly and her partner) went out to dinner. Kelly and I were obviously looking so great after a day at the spa resort that when we walked into the restaurant the owner said "whoa... dont you all look nice" and put us at a window table!
On a different note, that same day was the dodenherdenking day - remembering the dead day. At 8pm there is a 2 minute silence.... in the restaurant we all had to stop eating (I was in the middle of my main course), stop chewing, stop drinking and stop talking for 2 minutes. I can do that. To make the time pass while keeping a somber look on my face, I decided to count cars driving past the window (those that hadnt pulled over for the 2 minutes). I thought this was a good solution.... unfortunately Douwe or Martijn decided to ask what each of us had been reflecting on. Douwe, Martijn and Kelly all had very appropriate answers... I felt like a fool when it was time for me to answer.
May was a month of:
Turns out that we went to a natural thermal springs resort that from the outside, looks very much like elusive Ponds Institute! The people inside even wore white uniforms! Was so much fun. Kelly and I even had a special chocolate-mud sauna treatment. So yummy. Afterwards we all (Martijn, Kelly and her partner) went out to dinner. Kelly and I were obviously looking so great after a day at the spa resort that when we walked into the restaurant the owner said "whoa... dont you all look nice" and put us at a window table!
On a different note, that same day was the dodenherdenking day - remembering the dead day. At 8pm there is a 2 minute silence.... in the restaurant we all had to stop eating (I was in the middle of my main course), stop chewing, stop drinking and stop talking for 2 minutes. I can do that. To make the time pass while keeping a somber look on my face, I decided to count cars driving past the window (those that hadnt pulled over for the 2 minutes). I thought this was a good solution.... unfortunately Douwe or Martijn decided to ask what each of us had been reflecting on. Douwe, Martijn and Kelly all had very appropriate answers... I felt like a fool when it was time for me to answer.
May was a month of:
- taking Neva out for her first ever brunch
- inviting Martijn's cousin out to see what I thought was a live music act which turned out to be a "artistic" pornographic display...... dont ask.
- did the grocery shopping in germany
- lost 2 euros in a poker night
- continued my triathalon training!
- martijn's effor to support me in my triathlon quest led us to going swimming one night .....I pointed out that perhaps Martijn should wear something underneath his boardshort
1 comment:
Your montly updates are highly entertaining......Thanks heaps. The May update has had me in stitches. Enjoy the triathalon, you Go Girl! I'll be in touch soon, wasn't really expecting this whole uni thing to be quite so full on!!!! Stay well, Nat D xx
Post a Comment