
It finally got cold - really cold. On Sunday it was great being out and about and then coming home and putting the heater on. We generally only heat up one room (the lounge room) and this means you try not to limit visits to other rooms (e.g. toilet, kitchen). The other day I was making dinner and it was so cold in the kitchen that I could see my own breath. We have stopped keeping some things in the fridge (butter/marg, juice) and some things we have to keep in different spots because it is too cold in the cupboards (e.g. oil, peanut butter).
Its cold and dry and I love it (especially on days like today when I can work from home and don't have to ride my bike to the station).
The photo is from our Sunday wandel a few days ago in the cold. I took the liberty of airbrushing a "blemish" that was in the middle of my forehead.
Its cold and dry and I love it (especially on days like today when I can work from home and don't have to ride my bike to the station).
The photo is from our Sunday wandel a few days ago in the cold. I took the liberty of airbrushing a "blemish" that was in the middle of my forehead.
Other exciting news
- Martijn only has a few weeks to go at his current job. Then he has a few weeks holidays before starting his new job in Amsterdam. The exciting part is that we might have a mini-holiday during his break. Italy? Portugal? Spain?
- I just found out TODAY that a paper I submitted for a conference has been accepted. Looks like I'm off to Istanbul in May.
Something else you might like
A friend of Martijn's gave us their old couch (it was a slight step-up from the other couch set we inherited from Kelly about 5 years ago). Only problem was that the couch wouldn't fit through the front door. To make a long story short, it seemed the half neighbourhood helped carry the couch down the lane-way behind the houses and push the couch over the back fence/wall where the other half of the neighbourhood stood to catch the couch. Did I mention that the fence is about +2m high? I would have taken photos except I was busy making sure the brick wall didn't fall down. Martijn's friend wasn't so lucky with the new couch he bought - he didn't have a lane way and someone had to come and take out the front window.
1 comment:
HAHAHA That's hilarious!! xxx N
Post a Comment