No, we are not divorcing, I've just decided to be a Clapham again.
This is mainly because Im tired of saying "van der Wel" incorrectly when asked, then having to try to spell it out, and finally just grabbing the pen and writing it myself. Also, half my documents here are as Clapham (as that is the name in my passport) and sometimes I forget, for example, if I am a "van der Wel", a "Clapham" or a "van der Wel-Clapham" at the library.
Thoughts?
This is mainly because Im tired of saying "van der Wel" incorrectly when asked, then having to try to spell it out, and finally just grabbing the pen and writing it myself. Also, half my documents here are as Clapham (as that is the name in my passport) and sometimes I forget, for example, if I am a "van der Wel", a "Clapham" or a "van der Wel-Clapham" at the library.
Thoughts?
7 comments:
I think it's kind of cool when women keep their own name, though when I get married I will be kind of proud if my wife chooses to take on my name - it's like I'm giving something to the world, leaving my mark.
Changing names on documents is a huge thing to do by the sounds of it so makes sense to keep one name.
How does Martijn feel about it?
I say do what feels good nee!
No seriously tho, I'm going through the whole 2 name thing as well (though only on bills and stuff, not passports and visa's) It can get frustratingly annoying. Pick one and stick with it - once you get over the initial stuffing around, it'll be no worries. My vote is for van der Wel - it IS a way cooler name after all.
Also three words of three letters - that's gotta be good luck or magic or something!
OH, but the Dutch system does not allow women to officially change their name after marrying. There are devious ways.
Joel, I never consulted Martijn.. its my name! However, he finds everything good.
yo,
forget the clap and the van - change it somthing really awesome like "Zeus" or "Mephisto" or "Cannonball Jones"
think about it......
:P
Umm. I thought about it.... and no, not feeling very "zeus-like".
mmm, teegs! VDW way cooler hey? Sounds funny coming from a girl who will have the choice of changing her name to a pastry meat dish!
Post a Comment