There is supposed to come a point in your life when you can theoretically stop with taking a packed lunch out with you. In my case, I dreamed that this would happen years ago because I would be living in such a life of luxury where I either a) didn't have to work/study or b) had so much spare money that I could eat lunch in a cafe (where you could buy a soy latte) in a two hour paid lunch break. Where and when did this dream move to just fantasy?
So for the last month I have been going to uni with a honey sandwich and an apple. Sometimes shouting myself a coffee from a "push the button and you get a cheap coffee in a paper cup" as a treat. There is no room for fantasy in my life now.
I didn't cry. Once I really felt like it, but I stayed unemotional and got through my lecture. The first three weeks were probably harder for Martijn than for myself - I was only stressed, he had to live with me (still in one room) while being stressed. Poor guy. At the start of September I had 4 subjects. I quickly dropped to 3 after one turned out to be so boring. And then finally I dropped to 2 subjects when I picked up doing a literature research study thing. I'm not sure what exactly to call it. What I do, is do a bit of literature investigation for someone, write it up, put a nice heading on it and I get credits for one of the subjects next year.
Almost a real researcher already!
So that has been life for the last bit. I'm thinking that at the end of next month I could almost just change the title of this post and all the info would still be just as relevant.... meaning that I don't think much exciting is going to be happening FOR THE NEXT 2 YEARS.
Oh no... we are moving house in a few weeks. That could be exciting.
So for the last month I have been going to uni with a honey sandwich and an apple. Sometimes shouting myself a coffee from a "push the button and you get a cheap coffee in a paper cup" as a treat. There is no room for fantasy in my life now.
I didn't cry. Once I really felt like it, but I stayed unemotional and got through my lecture. The first three weeks were probably harder for Martijn than for myself - I was only stressed, he had to live with me (still in one room) while being stressed. Poor guy. At the start of September I had 4 subjects. I quickly dropped to 3 after one turned out to be so boring. And then finally I dropped to 2 subjects when I picked up doing a literature research study thing. I'm not sure what exactly to call it. What I do, is do a bit of literature investigation for someone, write it up, put a nice heading on it and I get credits for one of the subjects next year.
Almost a real researcher already!
So that has been life for the last bit. I'm thinking that at the end of next month I could almost just change the title of this post and all the info would still be just as relevant.... meaning that I don't think much exciting is going to be happening FOR THE NEXT 2 YEARS.
Oh no... we are moving house in a few weeks. That could be exciting.
The last weekend of september at the local market...September was a month of ...:
- not being able to knit (apparently I "over-did-it" and now my wrist refuses to be a part of knitting until it is fully recovered... leading to some people questioning my knitting technique)
- stress and honey sandwiches (not between the two pieces of bread)
- people at the market commenting on how lovely a couple Martijn and I were.... they will say anything to move those beans
- started private English lessons
- swimming in a lake
- missing Martijn's soccer goal (I was off drinking tea in the first half with the other wives)
- beginning badminton training
- fixing my first puncture!!!
- buying, and walking home, with a giant pumpkin
- starting extra evening Dutch classes
I'm hoping next month...:
- to learn to sew with a machine because I hate the clothing here and when I do find stuff I like its expensive... and the knitting isnt a go-er at the moment.
- be less stressed
- not freak out about the idea of exams
- spend a day out riding again
- get back to capoeria after my "knitting injury"
6 comments:
1. You're too modest: Renee was SELECTED above all others for the researcher thingy position!
2. Is your english getting so bad that you need private english lessons??!!
3. I promise to raise you in the art of sewing machines as you have me in knitting- actually I'm ready to ditch the knitting. It's(I'm) way too slow!
Ah... a true friend who will not make fun of me because I have a sewing machine under my arm!
You know what I mean... I am "teacher Renee" and the kids make cool presents for me (painted rocks).
But we cant sew while watching the soccer on a sunday.
course I know you are the teacher of the rock painting kids, you bogan. i was trying some humour out.
I'm sure it's a good thing for your mother to start finding out about your unfullfilled fantasies on the web, nay! I did chuckle, tho.
Martijn has also started to check the web so that he too, can learn about these things!
Post a Comment