Wow.. have I been slack with my montly updates! I think the last one was around october last year or something.
So, february huh. What can I say? Maybe there is a reason I havent been doing many monthly updates - life seems to be about study, laundry, waiting for Martijn to fix his bike, wondering if there will be enough yogurt in the morning and going to the supermarket for a free cup of coffee.
Saw the start of a new semester at uni, bringing with it new subjects. I can see that my life is pretty much only going to be about statistics and measurement for the next while. But there is a bonus, the reading are in English (lectures in Dutch) so things have been going much faster in the keeping up with reading material department. One of the teachers who is working on a new book (written in English), has also asked me to look over some of his chapters. I was also asked to looked at someones article and make corrections and suggestions before they sent to a journal for consideration. My payments are in the form of movie coupons and wine.... And, I enjoy getting stuck into someones work. It's much easier than producing something yourself.
How could I forget.... Martijn and I made our very first biscuits together. We baked! Polenta and orange biscuits and they were yummy. We kept a few and gave the rest to Kelly and Douwe, the idea being that they would need them for all their visitors who want to look at the baby. I'm guessing they were a hit as Kelly asked for the recipe! Bake to the "baking together" part. It was an interesting experience, but not one that I think I need to frequently repeat. Lucky we are not really the baking sort (individually or together).
February was a month of...:
So, february huh. What can I say? Maybe there is a reason I havent been doing many monthly updates - life seems to be about study, laundry, waiting for Martijn to fix his bike, wondering if there will be enough yogurt in the morning and going to the supermarket for a free cup of coffee.
Saw the start of a new semester at uni, bringing with it new subjects. I can see that my life is pretty much only going to be about statistics and measurement for the next while. But there is a bonus, the reading are in English (lectures in Dutch) so things have been going much faster in the keeping up with reading material department. One of the teachers who is working on a new book (written in English), has also asked me to look over some of his chapters. I was also asked to looked at someones article and make corrections and suggestions before they sent to a journal for consideration. My payments are in the form of movie coupons and wine.... And, I enjoy getting stuck into someones work. It's much easier than producing something yourself.
How could I forget.... Martijn and I made our very first biscuits together. We baked! Polenta and orange biscuits and they were yummy. We kept a few and gave the rest to Kelly and Douwe, the idea being that they would need them for all their visitors who want to look at the baby. I'm guessing they were a hit as Kelly asked for the recipe! Bake to the "baking together" part. It was an interesting experience, but not one that I think I need to frequently repeat. Lucky we are not really the baking sort (individually or together).
February was a month of...:
- "Love Boat" Valentine's Day party in Amsterdam complete with podium dancers and SMS flirting
- Hanging out with Kelly and Kaemon
- Visit to the dentist
- Trip to Oslo
- Too many nights/afternoons of board games
- Falling in love ... with chocolate from Norway
- Working on my backhand in badminton
- Still working on beating Martijn in badminton
- Passed my exams!!
- noticing how white I was and how dark the hair is on my forearms
I hope next month:
- Hand in my literature review (uni stuff)
- Get out of Nijmegen more
- Send my nanna a birthday card BEFORE its her actual birthday
- Win at least 2 sets of badminton against Martijn
- Smile and laugh a bit more (I've been really moody the last few months)
- do something about my arms
3 comments:
and we have sworn off 'cooking together' as a couple activity, it's a threat to household harmony, but the biscuits were nonetheless good- very few made it to the guests. two thumbs up!!
Nay, do you want me to send you some bleach? Cross that one off the list! xx nic
Post a Comment