Monday, July 9

Stupid tourists

There I was on sunday, riding through a forest on a little path. As it was Sunday and was the first sunny day in weeks everyone was on this bike path. As Im riding along (at faster pace than your average sunday afternoon rider) I start passing people traveling the other way. There I am, keeping to the left waiting for them to move to the right when it seems to become more like a game of chicken... In the end they move to the right, I say to them "you have to keep to the left" and ride of muttering "stupid (foreign) tourists".

when the same thing happens again, I start to think that perhaps its not them, and its me.

I try really hard to picture myself as I ride to uni, trying to remember which side of the road I use on the way there and the way back..... and what do you know.. its a "keep to the right" country.

Ive lived here 2 years now and just forgot which side of the road/bike path I was expected to be on. Its a good thing we dont have a car.

No comments: