Obviously the training and first ever triathlon were the main events in June. I wont go on about Didam any longer. Other non-sport things over the last month have been:
- looked after Kaemon for a WHOLE day. We sang, we laughed, watched some tv, went for a walk, danced... just the normal kind of stuff.
- Martijn and I dipped into our savings to buy 2 new bikes! Unfortunately we both liked the same type of bike... and it only came in one colour.... so we now have two matching bikes (mijn is just in a smaller frame size). We haggled over the price and one of the reasons we justified that they had to lower the price was because the two bikes were the same. Ended up getting the two bikes for a steal - so cant complain too much I guess. You should have seen our faces when the sales guys tried to tell us that with different coloured drinkbottles and holders, the bikes would look quite different. Yeah right! Ive "accessorised" my bike and it still looks like a smaller versions of Martijns.
- swim-run (ok, just a little bit of sport)
- Kelly moved away!
- summer officially started (at 8.06pm) - but we havent seen much sun, just alot of rain
- Received some more paid translation work
During the day that I am not talking about anymore (i.e. 1/8 Didam day) my start number scratched-stabbed me throughout the cycle leg. We all thought it was just a few scratches and some token blood... these are the bruises 3 days later! I looked pretty scary this morning at the swimming pool. Martijn has decided that as much fun as it is being a supporter (with or without something to read), he would much rather be a participant. He wants to do an 1/8 as well. Im thinking of signing up for another one (or two) this summer.. Martijn might come along as participant this time. Knowing him he will just turn up and give it a go without any training.. and probably do okay too. So annoying. Since the goal of the first triathlon has been and gone, have had to find something else to aim for..... so I have signed up for "the 7 hills run" (15km) which will be held in November. So Ive got some time to find/develop an ability to run an extra 10km.
Martijn and I are going camping for two weeks over the summer in Belgium (or surroundings) with the new bikes. Maria and Lars will join us for the 2nd week. Im so looking forward to a break. Our uni holiday feel hasn't kicked in yet due to all the translation work I have - hopefully in just over a week that feeling will come.
Other news.... no, I think that it it for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment