Monday, November 19

7-heuvelen race

I was supposed to be on the road running with all the other 27 thousand people, not on the sidelines watching/clapping/cheering when I saw people I knew. About 2 months ago I gave up my place because my knee decided that this years race was not for me.

Martijn and I rugged up and rode to the 8km point to see the race (just over the halfway point). Was fantastic. We were standing there, in the countryside (with cows in the background and everything) and then all of a sudden thousands of people were running past us. It was so strange. Martijn and I stood there for 2 hours clapping and battling motion sickness trying to spot known faces. Turns out it was easier for people to find us..... with my self-knitted beanie I guess we were not hard to miss (and there were not that many die-hard fans standing out in the sticks). One stranger even yelled "I cant hear you, but I sure can see you". Hmmm.

Next year I will be on the road.


Renee collage: the weather looks nice.. but it was really cold. I had so many layers on. Im still so in love with my bike. Look how pretty it is.

Martijn collage: not much to say about the collage really.

race collage: photo of chick with dog: in the background the 1st runner is approaching. And then slowly a trickel of people started running by... and then there were thousands (see film) and then came Elvis towards the end (he sang all the way).

rr

No comments: