Tuesday, June 30

June - I can stay another 10.5 months

On the 25th of June I got the letter. I can stay, and work, for the next 10 and a half months. You would think this was cause to celebrate, and perhaps I will later experience some feeling of joy, but for now I'm still mad. Because the immigration department took so long to make a decision on my application, my 12-month work contract was annulled as the beginning date no longer applied. And the immigration people being as understanding as they are, backdated my 12 month visa to May - the date when I was supposed to start my contract. And now I've been told that my new contract can only be for as long as my work permit. So I get a great 10 month contract - which I still haven't seen yet.

Seems like one issue is "solved" only to be replaced by another hassle.

Am I being too negative? Maybe when my bank account jumps I'll feel the celebration spirit in me stir.

June was a month of:
  • no photos!!
  • attended a family soccer club game - I was the only wife on the sideline with an umbrella to protect me from the blazing sun (it was really hot). No way am I becoming one of the orange mob.
  • cycled to our clubs trainings weekend (85km away). Got sick on the first night and didn't do much other than hang out on a couch and run to the toilet. However, I still had to ride home on the Sunday. Not fun cycling with diarrhea.
  • drank chardonnay in a hip beach club with Kelly and our expanding "last Wednesday of the month expat group"
  • open castle day for the home of Doctor Faust
  • not really training for July mini-triathlon I signed up for

No comments: