There should be more photos coming soon - but for now, here is the warm-up .
I'm the one with the white t-shirt on who was only more than happy to be dragged into the communal women's warming-up aerobics.
I had a bit of a panic attack during the open water swimming. There were just too many people in such a small area all swimming towards the same buoy. I couldn't breath, got dizzy, and didn't know which way I was supposed to be swimming.. Obviously I didn't drown (although there was a nice man in a canoe there as official rescue person). I made it to the side of the group and to the end of the lake. Then I just ran to my bike and off I went. Wasn't too traumatized; am already planning on signing up for a team triathlon where you only have to do one of the disciplines. That would mean swimming in my case.
The cycling part went well and the running I had to take really easy because of my knee.
Distance: swim 250 meters; ride 10 km (although it was less on the day); run 2.5km.
Time: 37:44
I'm the one with the white t-shirt on who was only more than happy to be dragged into the communal women's warming-up aerobics.
I had a bit of a panic attack during the open water swimming. There were just too many people in such a small area all swimming towards the same buoy. I couldn't breath, got dizzy, and didn't know which way I was supposed to be swimming.. Obviously I didn't drown (although there was a nice man in a canoe there as official rescue person). I made it to the side of the group and to the end of the lake. Then I just ran to my bike and off I went. Wasn't too traumatized; am already planning on signing up for a team triathlon where you only have to do one of the disciplines. That would mean swimming in my case.
The cycling part went well and the running I had to take really easy because of my knee.
Distance: swim 250 meters; ride 10 km (although it was less on the day); run 2.5km.
Time: 37:44
No comments:
Post a Comment