The deal was that Maria would be there for a work thing. So during the day I entertained myself and in the evenings we went shopping and ate at fancy, and not so fancy, restaurants. The trip didn't start well: Maria's flight was delayed, I locked our stuff in the safe and couldn't open the safe again, Maria couldnt close her blinds and day one of my "6 walks for a person on their own in Madrid" was in the rain. It got better once we accepted local custom and had a shot after every coffee. They call it a digestive.
And the advantages of working from home just keep on getting better. I have also managed to fit Anzacs into the lunchbreak, and today I roasted a pumpkin. Don't know how I will top the pumpkin.
September was a month when:
- We cancelled our romantic weekend away to Paris. The fun, and romance, was replaced by chocolate and dvds.
- I continued to love my "I've now got my own income because I have a visa" excel sheet to keep track of my euros.
- I must have been working too hard and not blinking enough - eye infection
- My winter 2009 knitting project started
- I punished a Dutch women who cue jumped by starting a new line - I won't say anymore
- 3 jobs just were not enough - had an interview for a possible 4th
- Our business started getting serious (domain names are registered, logo is being developed, Martijn is talking about hiring freelancers.....)
- Visitors!!!! Lots and lots of visitors
- Mother-in-law weekend
- An appointment to hand in my next visa application. Only have to wait 3 weeks for an appointment and then perhaps 6 mnths for a decision. You can't start visa applications too early here.
- Martijn has another round of exams

1 comment:
Need to hear details of the line-jumper punishment.
Post a Comment