Saturday, February 26

2011 - the first 2 months

Oops. January got away from me and February almost did too. But I'm here now, drinking my coffee behind the laptop in the lounge room. The heater is on and its raining outside. Martijn is away for the weekend so its just me, my sore bottom (I went for a ride this morning - the first time since the start of the winter and my bottom isn't used to it), and my fresh coffee.

January-February has been crazy busy here. The search for a house in Utrecht was becoming depressing: what we liked was too expensive and what we did like (and what was in our price range) always seemed to be sold before we could even attend our viewing. But, one night after checking the real estate websites to see if there was anything new on the market, I decided to check the websites that sell second hand goods. Maybe someone was trying to sell a house without a real estate agent... and we found our (used) house!

We are just waiting for the financing to be approved and if all goes smoothly, as of June 1st we will have a new address. A new house. A new city. Less travel time to work (35 min. one-way instead of 1.5 hours ). Visitors will no longer have to sleep on a mattress on the loungeroom floor because there is a huge attic/Martijn game room/guest room. Mum and Des have already made a reservation.

This winter I have been to Oslo to see Maria, Lars and Jakob (the new man in my life) three times. On the last trip (2 weeks ago) it was cold. It was about -20 while we were standing waiting for the tram. That is cold. I don't have any photos because our camera is off being repaired. And I also have no photos of our trip last weekend to Gent (Belgium) [a combination of work (I had a meeting there on Monday) and fun]

And just some random information.... I'm going through a Sisters of Mercy phase again. It seems to hit me every 6 years or so. I don't know why. That's it. I'm going to refill my coffee and grab some dukkah and Turkish bread.

No comments: