What can I say? It was 3 days of Capoeira. There were tons of workshops, heaps of free playing/dancing/fighting time, lots of singing and many people with sore feet. During the weekend there was a sort of "test" or baptisim, where you could play against a "master" and if you were deemed worthy, receive your coloured cord (there is a ranking system). I decided not to do the baptisim (I have my reasons why) but Neva decided to give it a go... and now she gets to strut around with her first cord!
I took so many photos that it is a little bit ridiculous. So here are just a couple. No doubt later there will be (better) photos on the club's website. For more photos you can also check out Neva's website.
By the Sunday night I was sore and all capoeira-ed out.
The opening night... Im sittingpretty much in the middle of the lower circle
Neva and I in our uniforms (well, half a uniform each.. we don't have a top yet)
Me, Sunday morning trying to put deodorant on.
The opening night... Im sittingpretty much in the middle of the lower circle
Neva and I in our uniforms (well, half a uniform each.. we don't have a top yet)
Me, Sunday morning trying to put deodorant on.
No comments:
Post a Comment