I have begun a new day in the week. I call it "kennis maken maandag" (knowledge making Monday) or "getting to know you The Netherlands".
I launched this new day of the week with Neva, not on a Monday as per the original plan, but on a Friday.
Neva and I hit Zutphen. We had 2 bikes, a few sandwiches, a map and loads of confidence. We had a really fun day just cruising around on the bikes looking for Dutch versions of "castles" (a Dutch castle is usually a rather large free standing house with a lot of land); laughing at what people were wearing to weddings (see previous post on Dutch fashion); breathing in the wonderful fresh smells of the country (cow poo); and just generally having a fantastic time.
For photos of Zutphen see Neva's website as she takes much better photo's than me
Me along the IJsel river checking the map
Neva peddling hard looking for a castle
For photos of Zutphen see Neva's website as she takes much better photo's than me
Me along the IJsel river checking the map
Neva peddling hard looking for a castle
No comments:
Post a Comment