We had a fantastic weekend. Shoved reality aside for a few days (study/work commitments) and just had fun. Friday night we saw our housemate play in his band (short video to come) and drank beer. The band is called Operation Sand and they are really good. If I didn't look at the people around me while watching the band, I could have thought I was in Melbourne. They guy on guitar is housemate Michiel.

Left to right: Michiel, Ivo (other housemate) and short girl=me
Enjoyed the leisurely trip back to Nijmegen (also a video to come) in a friends car. Martijn went crazy with the camera and made a 10 minute movie of the road/our approach into Nijmegen/pulling into our street. I will try to edit the video to the best 30 seconds.
We went to Belgium for a wedding with a friend of Martijn's (Arno) and his girlfriend (Marrana - no idea how to spell her name). The highlights:
* Martijn and his friend Arno almost peeing themselves with laughter IN THE CHURCH when the priest started talking about duty to produce children* Almost peeing themselves again when the couple promised each other that they would produce and make little versions of themselves
* Dinner/Party in the evening was in the church of a monastery in Gent (Belgium) - and just like the church, it was cold. When Martijn commented on how cold it was and how uncomfortable the chairs were, I reminded him that our suffering here was to remind him of the suffering that jesus endured for us. We then went on to have a great coversation about purgatory.
* Between the church service and the dinner we checked out Gent* Witnessed some strange, perhaps Belgium, tradition with hankies


1 comment:
Are you married, Martijn and Renee?
It looks like!!
Post a Comment