Thursday, November 30

The last 2 months

We have moved and finally our internet is installed and we even have a landline again. The actual day of moving wasn't too bad considering stairs in this country. We had to move all our stuff down 2 flights of stairs with some tricky tight turns in it, and then up two more, steeper, flights of stairs with trickier turns. Luckily people offered / were roped into helping and the positive to come out of the situation? We all have firmer bums due to all the stairs.


I have been meaning to take some photos of our new place, but just haven't got round to it yet. Although I do have a photo or two of when we first tried to make sense of our room. You can see in the photo the unbelievable amount of crap we/Martijn has!
Have also included a photo of the view from our window. You can see a church. A few weeks ago it was "open catholic church day" and Martijn and I went and checked out our new "local". At this church once a week they have a discussion/free beer night. The deal is that the first drink is free, then you have to take part in a discussion on various topics for an hour, and then you can drink all the beer you want for free. Interesting concept. Im told that it is quite popular.


Between my first sewing task of taking up the curtains (which was sort of a success), I also experimented with making a headband. First I made one for myself, however Martijn found it so interesting that he wanted one too! We just have to make sure we dont wear them on the same days. That would be too much. Speaking of things being too much and couple-like things, I had one of those moments yesterday.. one of those moments where you ask yourself, "how did I get to this point in my life and cross one of those invisible boundaries that I thought I would never have to face?". This moment occurred in a department store.... Martijn was standing next to me at the cash register, I looked down at what we were buying..... Two pairs of slippers for the price of one; his one colour and mine a different shade of the same colour..... The chick asked if we were paying separate or together...


There was a boundary there, and I think I crossed it.

Or maybe the boundary was already crossed with the headbands

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that sounds like a boundary to me! those head bands are hilarious!