Saturday, June 30

Didam Triathlon

I did it! My first ever 1/8 triathlon. Below is an overview in photos (and a film). Click on the title link for ALL the photos and films. Will include the official times and finish photo when they are available (tomorrow I think). Thanks for all the good luck text messages!


Elizabeth and I trying to get last minute tips from our trainer Roeland.

Just before the start (myself, Laura & Elizabeth)

The four girls with attractive swimcaps on (Laura, myself, Elizabeth & Jessica)

Lining up to be counted before we are allowed into the water for the start... this is so they can count us as we come out of the water and make sure no one is missing. In the lake they had people in canoes and guys waiting with scuba gear.

Before the starting gun (you can just see my legs top center)


me


Swim (500m) - It was so cold in the water... I have no idea where I am in the photo... Half the time while swimming I didnt know where I was due to all the people swimming over you, getting hit in the head by flying arms and kicked in the legs and poor visibility in the water.

Start of the bike leg (20km)

The finish if the run (5km)

Afterwards with my free t-shirt

1 comment:

jelisberg said...

Wat een mooie presentatie van deze triathlong, en Rene wat een mooie fiets heb jij daar! Jij was zeker de "winnaar" met al deze foto's??? En het is ook een leuke dag(en) uit. Tot ziens en kom eens aan, even een belletje is genoeg! Groetjes Joke en Jelis.