Friday, June 15

Zwemloop

Last night I completed my first ever swim-run. The swim was 300m (but I got confused and swam 350m) and the run was 3km (didn't run any meters that I didn't have to). In the female group, there were 2 categories; one for real life triathletes and one for wanna-be-triathloners. And the result... you will have to scroll down for that one!

Here's me swimming - you can tell cause I had a white swim cap on.


1km point: here's where I got lapped by the chicks who know what it is all about.


2km point: despite it looking like I am power walking, I really was running (although how much faster my running is than my power walk is, I don't know)


3km point: all done for the evening (about 9pm)



After race play time
(I'm left corner, number 11 on my arm)




And up until I ran out of the swimming pool, dripping wet to begin the run, Martijn was being supportive. After I started running he got hungry and left.
(Martijn sitting reading the paper)


And the result... well, I wasn't last and I wasn't first. I was 3rd in my category! I think my time was in total around 22minutes.

No comments: