Sunday, September 16

While Martijn was away..

I had a great time while he was in America! I didn't do anything exceptional or amazing (see photos of failed golden syrup dumplings), just enjoyed having our one room all to myself for almost 2 weeks (do you realise we have been sharing one room now for almost 2 years now.... thank god there is a kitchen, toilet and a communal lounge room I/we can escape to when needed).

What did I get up to? Well, I bought myself flowers; caught up with friends; was out and about; organised a bacheloret party (with Kelly); failed in making golden syrup dumplings with the golden syrup Merry carried over from England when she visited; cycled heaps; dissected a brain and struggled with the proportions required when cooking for one.


My burnt dumplings. They weren't fluffy, they weren't golden and they ruined Elisabeth's pot. Despite all these negatives, Elisabeth still wanted to eat the parts that were less burnt.


the flowers I bought.... hmm, isnt purple the colour of sexual frustration?

Um, and this photo wasn't taken while Martijn was gone... its from yesterday. I just wanted to show off my new winter jacket (i am pretty excited - its the first jacket Ive bought here because I liked it, not because I needed a jacket and it was on sale... i.e. this one was full price). I guess Martijn was making up for not having a pressie for me, needless to say he is now forgiven!

No comments: