September 2006 summary was titled "life with a packed lunch" and surprise, surprise... that title is still applicable 12 months later. However, this year the title is obviously different. "This time of year is dangerous" captures the spirit of September.... just imagine:
No, I am not Chicken Little and I am not saying that the sky is falling..... what I am saying is "watch out" - September is deadly and it will only get worse in October (Martijn tells me that I am the only person he knows who gets hit in the head by falling acorns... ).
September was a month of:
you are riding your bike (on the right hand side of the road), its been raining and is still spitting abit. There are plenty of wet leaves on the ground so you have to be careful when braking and turning corners. Every now and then there is a gust of wind that blows leaves into your face and then it starts raining acorns on your head.
No, I am not Chicken Little and I am not saying that the sky is falling..... what I am saying is "watch out" - September is deadly and it will only get worse in October (Martijn tells me that I am the only person he knows who gets hit in the head by falling acorns... ).
September was a month of:
- "Renee time" while Martijn was away
- human and rat brain dissections
- (together with Kelly) organised, and pulled off, Neva's bacheloret day
- rode my first tandem bike (you know, one bike with two people)
- mother-daughter-in-law-day
- singing dutch "happy birthday" to Clarke over the phone
- Chinese food family day banquet
- dodging falling acorns
- coming out as a McClouds watcher (who would have guessed that a post about watching this tv show would make people comment-happy)
- having to increase my budget for a road / race bike
- every week convincing myself that it is okay to spend so much on a bike
- my mum booking her ticket to come visit (see the countdown snail above? Only 8 months to go!)
extended family day 29/9 @ Elina and Marco's placeNext month I hope to:
- have saved enough euros to buy a race / road bike
No comments:
Post a Comment