
well, the weekend just gone was fantastic. The weather was great (one of those sunny, almost warm autum days), I wasn't studying for an upcoming exam and... I guess I was just generally feeling a bit happy. Attended my first cycle training session on Saturday morning - it was fantastic. The first hour was exercises to build up confidence on the bike (practicing riding with no hands; making sharp turns; "hanging" from the side of your bike; riding behind each other; taking turns leading the group and then pulling out to end up at the back of the group) and the second hour was spent just riding up and down a big hill! Was fantastic. The trainer would ride up beside everyone and give pointers/tips and provide general support. When we got to the top of the hill (2.5km later) we then turned around, rode down and did it again! I know it doesn't sound like fun, but it was. My bike is so great. Riding is so much fun.

So that was Saturday. Cause I was still getting used to my bike I hadn't put the click pedals on the bike - I did that on Sunday. So Sunday morning I rode with Martijn to his soccer match in a village about 10km out of Nijmegen... with my click shoes and pedals. It was sort of funny. Every time we approached an intersection or a place where there was a possibility I would have to stop, Martijn would go act as "lookout" to tell me if we had to stop or not. This then gave me time to remind myself that I needed to unlock my shoes from the pedals and not fall off my bike. There was no falling involved. Enough with the bike. The soccer/football match. You have to play the videos... my words don't do the experience justice. All I will say is that these films have not been edited in any way by me... Any questions?

So that was Saturday. Cause I was still getting used to my bike I hadn't put the click pedals on the bike - I did that on Sunday. So Sunday morning I rode with Martijn to his soccer match in a village about 10km out of Nijmegen... with my click shoes and pedals. It was sort of funny. Every time we approached an intersection or a place where there was a possibility I would have to stop, Martijn would go act as "lookout" to tell me if we had to stop or not. This then gave me time to remind myself that I needed to unlock my shoes from the pedals and not fall off my bike. There was no falling involved. Enough with the bike. The soccer/football match. You have to play the videos... my words don't do the experience justice. All I will say is that these films have not been edited in any way by me... Any questions?
3 comments:
I don't know volleyball but they look pretty crappy
its not about the quality of the soccer.. it was about the music playing over the loudspeakers. Im sure i said you needed to have your speakers turned on.
(and I wont tell martijn what you thought about the soccer level)
I thought it was difficult getting used to how the football works in England, but I will say no more on that now
Post a Comment