Wednesday, April 30

April - the pancake boat (again)

April went by quickly... Im sitting here wondering what I have done over the past month that is blog-worthy... Lucky, I have adapted well to one aspect of Dutch life - diary/planner. Everyone always has one with them at all times and appointments, meet-ups, everything gets recorded.

So, to remember what I did in April, all I have to do is consult my planner. This is what it said I did:

  • Sauna evening with Elisabeth
This was a fantastic night. Ive been to a sauna place once before with Kelly last year, but this was a "serious" sauna in comparison. What makes a sauna "serious"... well, for one thing, everyone is naked. For another, it has a Sauna Master who runs group sauna experiences. There is even a tour where you learn all about how to "do" a sauna properly and the effect of the sauna on your kidneys (you may have to pee alot). Im considering if this is an appropriate mother-daughter activity when my mum is here but somehow I dont think my mum would really be into Sauna Masters and group saunas...

No photos
  • "Date" with Martijn, organised by Martijn
Its in my diary but I dont remember it.....
  • Cycle-Pancake day
This was organised by the triathlon club. We do a huge ride and then eat pancakes on the pancake boat. It was the same boat with the same captain as when we did this for Kabooki 2 years ago with Kelly and Douwe. This time it was less fun... I think there are only so many times you can eat as many pancakes as you can in 50 minutes on a boat. That "so many times" is once.
  • lots of study days
Ive got loads of days in my planner that are down as "study days". Sometimes its so full on that I need to work from 2 computers.






  • "Date" with Martijn, organised by me
Now this one I remember! It was a cycle-picnic complete with picnic backpack, mini-wine, plastic wine glasses, reduced price cheese (cardamom and clove), a view onto the river and the sailing equivalent of scouts.
  • visit from Tracey
Tracey, who I went to uni with, came to visit. Of course, no trip to the Netherlands would be complete without bike riding, riding on dykes and drinking beer in the sun.

And I think that covers most of it for April.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

poor martijn, or was his date really forgetful? The hardcore sauna experience is something everyone should experience at least once. Go on, take your mother there. That's said, there's no way I'm taking my mother