Monday, April 2

"Sitting someone in the sun" day


The first of April was a family day - we were "sitting someone in the sun" for the day - meaning that we were having a day in honour of Martijns aunt (who is the dedicated carer of her husband, Martijn's mother's brother) . A sort of thank you day I guess.

We had to assemble around the corner from Martijn's aunts place at 10am. We were told to wear strange hats/crowns, bring musical instruments and streamers. Matijn forgot to put the stockings on his head, I had some rabbit ears and musical instruments.... we took along two pairs of spoons (martijn says he is/was pretty good at playing drums however I saw none of that talent with the spoons). We surprised the aunt and then all headed off to a cafe in a nearby forest area. At this cafe we drank coffee, listened/gave speeches, watched people perform "re-enactment skits" of the aunt and her partner and sang some songs..... a typical "family day" with Martijns family.

Some days you just miss your own family a little bit more.

No comments: