Monday, April 2

March - an interesting way to make some money

While trying to create a title for this months post, I came across the title from March 2006:

"finally a way to make some money"

From memory it had something to do with signing up as a test subject for science and psychology experiments. There must be something about March and me getting creative re money making. I think I may have mentioned that a lecturer at the uni had asked me to correct some stuff he had written (in English). Then, he asked to employ me as student assistant so I could translate a heap of powerpoint presentations (statistics) from Dutch to English and be officially paid. All seemed good until we hit the slight slag of the work permit (I am required to get a work permit for any work I do... before I am given a permit for a job the government employment agency has 5 weeks to see if they cant find anyone who is Dutch or from the EU who cant do the job - only if they cant find anyone am I allowed to). So... the creative solution? I am being paid in "gift vouchers" that I can use in most shops, or sell to Kelly. Nice huh?

Weather is getting warmer..... even using stubby holders if sitting outside drinking. Photo underneath is from Saturday, it was Douwe's birthday. I took around a bag of stubby holders sent by my family... everyone was looking pure class with their "I see drunk people" "party girl" "great Aussie bloke" holders.

I like this photo underneath, not just because Kelly looks silly, but it captures so much. Let me highlight a few things:
  • we were sitting in the backyard but that ended up being shady - so we moved out to the front area. I dont think that is really done here. Sitting out the front - God no.
  • Martijn has just arrived and has to introduce himself individually to everyone. This entails an elaborate ceremony (which is easier for males than females) where he has to shake hands or do the whole kissing three times on the cheek thing while he says his name. No making conversation or anything, just say your name, get a name back and move onto the next person. I have been refusing to do this lately - greet the important people individually and give one big wave to everyone else... it hasnt been going down that well)
  • I thought there was more to say... but no, Ive exhausted my bulletpoints.

....and check out how short Kelly and I (.. and gee I look like my mum in this photo, maybe its the pose.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, you do have a resemblacne thing going on there!

I'm pleased to see the sun does shine there, I feared my cousin was slowly freezing, one blood vessel at a time...