Saturday, April 28

Soccer match - will they be the champions?

All week I have been telling people that Martijn's soccer match was an import one - they had to win to be the champions. Kelly politely told me that what I was actually saying was "champignon" (mushroom) instead of "champion".. Ah, details.

Anyway, back to the football. Let me paint a picture for you.


It was warm (very warm by Dutch standards). The match started at 2.45pm but Martijn was there at 1pm for the pre-match chat. Ivo and I arrived just after the match started. In the first half Martijn played defense and in the second half he was moved closer to the goals (I dont know what you call that position , somewhere a bit in the middle where you have to run alot). At half time it was 0-0.

In the second half one of the shots at goal finally made it into the net. 1-0....




... and then a bit later another goal, 2-0. At this stage I started to feel the combination of sun & beer.


I dont think alot really happened after this.... End result was 2-0 and the team promotes to the next division higher up.






1 comment:

Kelly said...

Hooray for the Champignons!!!