Monday, January 2

Almost the end of 2005

The city where we live celebrated its 2000 year 'birthday' this year. There has been a series of events during the entire year and on the second last day of the year there was a concert. I don't know who was in charge of the planning for all the birthday events, but even I could have told you that an outdoor concert in the winter probably wasn't the smartest thing to do.
In the hallway of our place. Guy right at the back is a friend of one of the others. The other two we live with.


It was windy.
It was cold.
It was snowing.
But it was free.
So we went.

Rugged up in my brand new thermals (legs and arms), with 2 jumpers on, two pairs of socks (with three on I couldn't do up my shoes), scarf, gloves and beanie that ties up under my chin, I thought I was ready. Yes I may not have been able to bend, but it was the best I could do.
I lasted 3/4 of an hour and then went back home. Everyone else stayed.

No comments: