Monday, January 2

Christmas Dutch Style

First Christmas day (eerste kerstdag) is a bit of a non event compared to what it is like in Australia. From what I gather, what people do on fist Christmas day and second Christmas day is hang out with their family. Presents are not really done. I saw only one kid out on the street with a new bike.



Anyway, Martijn and I had our own fun time. Thanks to people sending cards and gifts from Australia, we had our own little Christmas pot plant. Only twice did Martijn and I convince each other that it was absolutely necessary to open a gift before Christmas (something about building the anticipation and increasing the Christmas feeling... made perfect sense at the time).





Thank you everyone for the cards, emails and gifts.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have just realized I can get to this website - yes I know I'm slow - great site to keep up with you Renee. Did you contact the other Renee?

R. said...

Yes, we are in the "initial emailing" stage.

Anonymous said...

The wearers fo the Dutch fashions must get a bit cold mustn't they?
Catherine

Anonymous said...

Love reading your comments Renee. Couldn't you have just taken your glass to the bathroom? would anyone have seen you - is the water away from the kitchen undrinkable maybe - I know it is in some places? Bit steep though!
Catherine