Thursday, May 11

Den Haag : Getting to know you The Netherlands

I think I wrote somewhere earlier that I was trying to set aside a day of the week for exploring The Netherlands. I have called it various things to date, such as Cultural Monday/Wednesday, Kennis Maken maandag (getting to know you monday)...
Last week Martijn and I took our exploring to Den Haag. On all english maps you will see this place written as The Hague. We stayed the night there and we even had a little hotel room with a bathtub. Martijn and I seem to have this luck with hotels - we find a cheap deal on the internet and when we turn up it seems the hotel is having renovations (you remember Nic, in Koln?). This time it meant that sometimes the lift didnt work, you had to walk under men plastering the ceiling and if you wanted a coffee/drink in the bar, you would have to keep you hand over the glass while not drinking to stop all the dust floating into your drink.

But anyway, we had a fantastic time. I found a little shop in the city that had clothes and things that I actually liked (meaning everything wasnt so dutch) and I pointed out to Martijn what he could get me for my birthday.
To save money we skipped the hotel breakfast and made our own breakfast on the beach. Yep, we did it in Renee and Martijn style.

No comments: