Thursday, May 11

Keukenhof: Getting to know you The Netherlands

The Keukenhof is one of those huge tourist attractions here in The Netherlands, and as such, most 'real' Dutch residents have never been there. Something new for Martijn.

With a bag full of frozen poppers/fruitboxes we headed to these gardens with Kelly and Douwe (have I mentioned them before? Kelly is from Queensland and has lived here with Douwe for about 3 years now).
The grounds are huge and there is only so long you can walk around looking at flowers - but it was really pretty. We took about 100 photos during the day... of flowers, of people looking at flowers and people walking through flowers. I will only show you 3 of the 100.

Kelly and I in giant wooden clogs - only for tourists




The gardens are mostly known for tulips and range from very formal to flowers growing all over the place.







Its not all about tulips, poppies and hycathinths, there are other things to see....and there is also a windwil

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There's something ironic about the whole tourist attraction thing that locals just arent interested in hey? I mean i can only imagine that the big dark reef out in the ocean is as good as a whale is ever going to look from shore?! Yup. Whales. Come and see 'em!! a-ha..