We do our shopping at the ALDI. In order to use a shopping trolley you have to put 1 euro into the trolley to "free" it. Yesterday, I had my trolley stolen for this 1 euro.
I had just walked into the ALDI, turned my back on the trolley to look at the soda/mineral water and try to work out which had bubbles and which didn't and when I turned back..... my trolley was gone! Who steals an empty trolley for a euro? I looked around and saw a man nearby who was madly filling his trolley with ALDI beer. I went up to him and asked if he had mistakenly taken my trolley. He said no.
Then I suggested that perhaps he had found my trolley a few moments ago, to which he again said no and kept filling the trolley with beer.
I had no idea what to do. How much of a fuss do you make for a single euro? One of the workers saw the look on my face as I was trying to work out this problem.
I decided to make a fuss.
Next thing I know, the worker has checked the video footage from the store and asked the man buying all the beer to "step out the back" with him. I meanwhile was told to wait near the office. After a few minutes of heavy discussion, then the beer man came back, emptied 'his' trolley and gave it to me with a "sorry". The worker went back to filling shelves and I continued with my shopping.
I had just walked into the ALDI, turned my back on the trolley to look at the soda/mineral water and try to work out which had bubbles and which didn't and when I turned back..... my trolley was gone! Who steals an empty trolley for a euro? I looked around and saw a man nearby who was madly filling his trolley with ALDI beer. I went up to him and asked if he had mistakenly taken my trolley. He said no.
Then I suggested that perhaps he had found my trolley a few moments ago, to which he again said no and kept filling the trolley with beer.
I had no idea what to do. How much of a fuss do you make for a single euro? One of the workers saw the look on my face as I was trying to work out this problem.
I decided to make a fuss.
Next thing I know, the worker has checked the video footage from the store and asked the man buying all the beer to "step out the back" with him. I meanwhile was told to wait near the office. After a few minutes of heavy discussion, then the beer man came back, emptied 'his' trolley and gave it to me with a "sorry". The worker went back to filling shelves and I continued with my shopping.
1 comment:
FANTASTIC!!!!! JUSTICE for the scum of the earth- supermarket hooligans. Respect. That'll learn* him.
Post a Comment