Me on the bike
Our evening routine: ouzo and a piece of chocolate (or 2)
On the last day Martijn joined us for a bit of riding. Here we are on a ferry going from one side of the Maas to the other
The view from my tent in South Limberg. Limberg is the "hilly" area of The Netherlands. Here we stayed on a farm camping ground... the cows were milked in a shed next to the tents! You could get fresh milk from the farm man if you liked fresh milk.
Deborah and I took it in turns at playing leader. Due to nobody's fault, sometimes the path that we had planned on following just wasn't there anymore.
And sometimes nature was an obstacle
The mountain ranges in Germany were really something
This was taken on our first morning riding without our leader Marco who was with us for the first week. During the week riding with Marco I learnt alot about maps, cycling, compass use and weather forecasting by osmosis.
Deborah and a huge dam in Germany
In the mountain ranges the villages are full of houses like these. Amazing.
Me up high
Deborah made sure that there was always time for a bit of German cake
Still nice and high
Entering the zone of hills
Before we got to the hilly section, we spent a few days riding through farm country. Here was the asparagus section of the country. Marco tells me that they let the asparagus grow wild for the first year and then you can begin to harvest the asparagus the following season. I think this makes the asparagus white? I'm not sure... but all the asparagus that was being harvested was white.
If there was a pot hole, a stone, or a bump on the road/path, I generally went over it with my bike. Marco and I decided that one day we would travel with a raw egg in our bike bags... a competition to see who had a whole egg at the end of the day. And guess what? I managed to avoid most of the bumps/rocks/holes. End result: 2 whole eggs 
Deborah and I
In Germany.Marco and Deborah
Crossing a huge bridge with Marco in the lead
Farm land in Germany
No footnote required... it is obviously me
Who would have thought that Mystery Vegetable Day would have its benefits? We "borrowed" one that was left over from the harvest and had a stir fry - because it was no longer an unknown vegetable for me
No comments:
Post a Comment