Did I mention that I had to cut the bike trip short because my visa was FINALLY, REALLY here? I picked it up on Wednesday from the council. Maybe I was expecting something because it was a real disappointment. When Martijn and I registered that we were living in Nijmegen, the council gave us a little "welcome to Nijmegen" package which included a map, a free swimming pass and phone book. No "welcome to The Netherlands" package was offered. I just had to sign my name and leave.So, I am now official here till the 2nd of August (thats how long the visa is valid as the rest of the 12 month validity period was eaten up while I was waiting for my visa). On the same day I sent my application for the following 12 months.
But anyway... I am happy that it is here. Now I really feel like someone when I am walking down the street with my official document. Did you know that it is compulsory here to always have this thing with you?
No comments:
Post a Comment